What the inside of the new Community House looks like today is down to practical input from the five founding tenants of the building each of whom had differing needs but which were all incorporated as much as possible by the Architects to ensure Community House was really bespoke.
The modern-day successors of these founding tenants are still with us and form the core of the building. Additionally we have several tenant charities both new and not so new but all with the same desire to help local residents who need their particular expertise.
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich is the only specialist agency in Bromley and Greenwich working across the boroughs with and for older people.
It provides a single point of entry to joined-up, quality preventative services, activities and support that promotes opportunities, independence and choice to older people, adult carers and those with long-term conditions.
Citizens Advice Bromley
- give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward
- help them whoever they are, and whatever their problem is
- offer confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free
Community Links Bromley
Community Links Bromley is the integrated Council for Voluntary Service and Volunteer Centre covering the London Borough of Bromley.
- We work with a wide-range of organisations in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector.
- We provide a range of services from strategic representation to advice and guidance.
- We support and empower the voice of the sector.
We strive for an accessible world for deaf+ people, with barriers to participation and opportunity removed by empowering deaf+ people to take control of their own lives.
We do this through providing:
- Information and advice
- Hearing aid battery and tubing clinic
- BSL practice classes
- Hard of hearing group
- Lipreading classes
- Tinnitus group
We’re the UK's largest provider of relationship support. Last year we helped over two million people of all ages, backgrounds, sexual orientation and gender identities to strengthen their relationships.
Services offered at Bromley include:
- Relationship counselling
- Sex therapy
- Children and young people's counselling
- Family counselling
- Training and education
- Telephone counselling
Bromley Third Sector Enterprise
Bromley Third Sector Enterprise (BTSE) is a partnership of 5 local charities, coming together to serve the residents of the London Borough of Bromley.
Our aim is to provide support services which benefit the health and wellbeing of people living in the borough. We provide the health and wellbeing service, Bromley Well.
The 5 charities are:
- Age UK Bromley and Greenwich
- Bromley Lewisham and Greenwich Mind
- Bromley Mencap
- Citizens Advice Bromley
- Community Links Bromley
Bromley Parent Voice
Bromley Parent Voice is a voluntary group of parents and carers of children and young people (0-25) with special/additional needs and disabilities (SEND) living in the London Borough of Bromley. We provide advocacy and support services for families in our Borough.
- Advocacy: we provide an opportunity for parents and carers to express their views and input into the planning and delivery of SEND services.
- Support Services: we signpost, support and empower families to obtain the best possible support and services for their children.
Currently under the banner of Advocacy for Bromley, we are made up of 2 organisations - Advocacy for All and SEAP Advocacy
- We specialise in a variety of advocacy services for the London Borough of Bromley.
- We are independent from the NHS and the Local Authority.
- An Advocate helps someone to talk about their needs and wishes.
- Advocates listen to people and help them to have their voices heard.
- Advocates represent people who need support to make sure that decisions are made in their best interests.
- All of our advocacy services are free, confidential and independent.
Dyslexia Association of Bexley Bromley Greenwich & Lewisham
The association provides information and help for parents, teachers, adults and interested professionals. Additionally, we run an adult group open to anyone over 18, living in any area within a commutable distance of Bromley.
Florence Nightingale Aid in Sickness Trust
We provide life enhancing grants to help people of all ages in need. Our trust supports those who are ill, convalescent or disabled.
- to provide medical and household aids to alleviate sickness
- to make a huge difference to people’s ability to manage at home and live as independently as possible
Greenwich Housing Rights
Greenwich Housing Rights is an independent, registered charity. We provide specialist legal advice and assistance to residents of the London Borough of Greenwich and neighbouring boroughs.
We undertake Legal Aid funded casework and representation on housing matters. We provide emergency assistance and representation through the Housing Possession Court Duty scheme at Bromley County Court.
Healthwatch Bromley gives people a powerful voice locally and nationally. At a local level, Healthwatch Bromley works to help residents get the best out of their local health and social care services. Whether it’s improving services today or helping to shape them for tomorrow.
We are all about influencing the design and delivery of local services, by asking the people who use them what they think of the health and social care services they are getting.
And we are not just thinking about the current services in the borough but trying to forward plan for anyone who will need services in the future.
Established in 2002, MHL Counselling provides dedicated and meaningful counselling and advice to individuals, couples and families of all ages.
MHL Counselling specialises in the following:
- individual counselling
- couples' counselling
- psychosexual therapy (PST or Sex Therapy)
- clinical supervision